EFAS (Daily court list)
The Electronic Filing Appearance System (EFAS) helps the Magistrates' Court organise daily court lists by providing an online system for lawyers to complete key tasks.
EFAS has the ability to electronically:
- add representation to a court case
- enter an appearance, including a plea
- apply for an adjournment on behalf of a client
- update hearing details
- search for a court matter
- track court cases.
Lawyers can enter an appearance and propose a hearing time via EFAS. The court will prioritise the proposed time to better inform when a hearing will take place. Lawyers using EFAS will avoid queues to enter appearances at court.
Go to the EFAS website for more information about the daily court list.
Audio visual link times can be found on the find a court date page.
Civil jurisdiction case tracking
From 3 October 2022, the CMS Portal hearing search replaces the civil components of EFAS. This means that court users can track cases filed in the civil jurisdiction only.
To track a case listed in the civil jurisdiction of the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria:
- go to the CMS Portal hearing search
- enter the case number and case type into the appropriate fields as well as any additional information that may be relevant
- complete the Captcha and click Search. Your hearing should appear below.
The CMS Portal is in its civil release — the second phase of the journey in moving from hard copy documents to digital filing, reducing the need to physically attend court.