Fees and costs
Legal practitioners must not charge more than fair and reasonable amounts for legal costs.
- A list of professional costs, including solicitors’ costs and fees, to counsel in respect of an arbitration. Effective 1 January 2018.
- Scale of costs and fees which may be claimed by counsel and solicitors in the Civil Jurisdiction of the Magistrates' Court of Victoria. Effective 1 January 2018.
- A list of civil and general fees charged by the Magistrates' Court of Victoria.
- A list of criminal fees charged in the Magistrates' Court of Victoria.
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is a system-based exchange of documents. It removes the need for lawyers to personally file some civil documents. The new fees are effective 1 July 2018.